Matthew A. Lathrop
Matt Lathrop has been a life-long resident of Omaha, Nebraska. He received a Bachelor’s Degree in Arts from Creighton University, in 1988. Immediately after, he attended Creighton University School of Law, and received his Law Degree in 1991.
After graduation from Law School, he was admitted to practice law in the Nebraska and U.S. District Court, District of Nebraska, and worked for the Nebraska Supreme Court as a Law Clerk for the Hon. Justice John T. Grant. From 1992 to 2007, he was an attorney with Hauptman, O’Brien, Wolf & Lathrop, PC, in Omaha.
In 2007, he opened the Law Office of Matthew A. Lathrop, where he focused his practice in the areas of Personal Injury Law; General Civil Litigation; and Workers’ Compensation Law.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury Law
- General Civil Litigation
- Workers’ Compensation Law
Matt Lathrop has been an invited speaker at numerous State and National Trial Lawyer Seminars, on the topics of Medical Evidence; Juror Bias; Insurance Law; Workers’ Compensation; Ethics; Recent Developments in the Law; and Trial Lawyer Practice Pointers.
Matt Lathrop is a member of:
- Omaha Bar Association (Serving for that organization as contributing author – OBA Newsletter, Chair of OBA Memorial Committee 2001-02 & 2008-09)
- Nebraska Bar Association
- Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys (serving for that organization as President 2007-2008; Chair of the Legislative Committee 2006-07; President-Elect 2006-07 Secretary 2005-06; Treasurer 2004-05; member of the NATA PAC Board 2003-present)
- American Association for Justice (Formerly American Trial Lawyers Association) (serving for that organization as ATLA Delegate 2002-2004)
- San Antonio Trial Lawyers 1999-2006
- Previously Served as 8th Circuit Governor American Bar Association/Law Student Division, 1990-1991
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- American College of Trial Lawyers
Matt Lathrop is married to Peggy, and they have four children; Jack, Grace, Caroline and Michael.
Matt Lathrop is a volunteer for his church, St. Robert Bellarmine, in Omaha, as a soccer coach and in the church choir. He has previously served in the Family Ministry Committee. He has been a member of the Knights of Columbus since 2002.
He is a member of Omicron Delta Kappa Honors Society.
Clients are the best way to judge a lawyer.
Here is one recent testimonial from a client.
I’ve known Matt Lathrop for about 17 years. In those years I’ve had the privilege of hiring him to work on my worker’s compensation case and also motor vehicle accident case. He is an amazing attorney who will dedicate his time and knowledge to achieving your goal of a successful litigation. Matt has also worked on several family members’ cases all with successful outcomes. I cannot recommend anyone more than Matt Lathrop if you are looking for the best representation.
Bellevue, Nebraska, Worker’s Compensation and Motor Vehicle Accident